Cybertaxonomic approach to phylogenetic studies of model invertebrate genera (Invertebrata, Arachnida, Insecta) clarifyng the problems of origin, formation and conservation of the Invertebrate Fauna of the Balkan Peninsula.
The project team
- Professor, Dr. Pavel Stoev, an experienced taxonomist and faunist, one of the first scientists used and continue using cybertaxonomic approaches in his taxonomic work. He has participated in numerous international projects related to cybertaxonomy, publishing and dissemination of data.
- Associate Professor, Dr. Christo Deltshev, a long-term arachnologist, author of numerous publications and monographs related to the spiders of Bulgaria and the Balkans, with special interest in the conservation of species and nature. He maintains the largest spider database in Bulgaria.
- Assistant Professor, Dr. Rostislav Bekchiev, a colleopterologist with interests in the taxonomy of the family Staphylindae (mainly Pselaphinae), author and co-author of 21 new taxa from the Balkans, Turkey, Nepal, Japan and others. A participant, key expert and project manager for mapping and monitoring of protected species, management plans and environmental assessments in Bulgaria with a year-long experience in databases (Access, Scratchpads, EndNote, Zotero, etc.)
- Assistant Professor, Dr. Rumyana Kostova, a coleopterologist with a strong interest in the Carabidae family and a long experience in environmental research, data processing and statistical analysis.
- Assistant Professor, Dr. Anelia Bobeva, a post-PhD student, a molecular biologist with a intense interest in applying genetic methods in zoology. Aparticipant in numerous projects with proven team work experience and skills.
- Dr. Dragomir Dimitrov, an arachnologist with extensive interests and experience in the systematisation of faunistic and bibliographic information and its use in environmental studies. He has professional knowledge in programming, organising databases and innovative ways of presenting and processing information.
- Simeon Indzhov, a student with a strong interest in arachnology and the desire to learn new methods and technologies. At present he is a Bachelor of Mathematics at Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski ".
- Peter Hlaváč (Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Forestry and Wood Sciences, Department of Forest Protection and Entomology, Kamýcká 1176, CZ-165 21 Praha 6-Suchdol, Czech Republic) – He has been working in the field of entomology since 1993, having published over 110 articles mainly focused on cave, soil and myrmecophilic Carabidae, Staphylinidae and Curculionidae. He has a special interest in the fauna of the Balkans.
- Arnaud Faille (Coleoptera curator in Stuttgart State Museum of Natural History (Germany) - An entomologist with a special interest in the use of new molecular and morphometric methods in taxonomy and phylogeny. He has an interest in Trechini tribus (Carabidae). Author of over 45 publications.